Everytime I make a comment on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace..whatever about the Cubs about ANYTHING I get 90% Cubs haters coming back at me with the “loveable losers,” “you’ll never win,” “you are cursed,” “all the Cubs care about is money” blah blah blah. Well this blog is about the Cubs, win, lose, love em, leave em. So I decided to devote one entry to all of the Cubs haters out there. America is all about freedom of expression and believing in what YOU believe and not being judged, so I here by dedicate this entry to Cubs haters everywhere. I ask you to do only one thing when you reply back: Tell me, WHY do you hate the Cubs so much? I’ve given you a list below of various reasons I’ve heard through out the years, but if you have your own hater story, by all means fill in the blank. I still don’t get why the Cubs are hated so much, we’re not the YANKEES for goodness sakes. Is it our players? Our fans? Our management? Inquiring minds want to know. Please share, and be as mean or nasty as you want – after all, I asked for it.
By the way there is a method to my madness. I will have a response to everyone who replies, and I will post to your own blog and promote you, just make some sense or rationale behind your hatred behind the Cubs when you post.
Here’s a list to get you started, you can add on to each bullet or enter in your own:
Why do so many hate the Cubs? Is it because…
1. They get more media attention than most teams (that’s a fact)
2. They have the 3rd highest paying salary in baseball?
3. They make excuses for not winning and blame it on fans like Bartman, a black cat, a goat or whatever other curse they think they have?
4. They pack in every home game, and most away games season after season, win or lose no matter what?
5. The fans are so die-hard it pisses you off that they just won’t quit?
6. The owners seem to care more about money than a championship or so it appears?
7. You love to kick a team when they’re down so it’s easy to hate on them?
8. You know as a Cubs hater, deep down in that dark heart of yours that if they do win it all that it will be the biggest thing in sports history, probably ever to this point and that pisses you off?
9. You can’t get tickets to the game or you’ve never been to Wrigley so don’t even GET it?
10. You dated a Cubs fan who broke your heart once?
11. You just don’t get the movie Fever Pitch and understand what it’s truly like to love the game of baseball and love your team?
12. I can’t think of anymore….I am sure you Cubs haters can.